Wednesday, April 4, 2012

On my Balcony Today

Gorgeous day on the balcony today!

My fuschia is looking beautiful this morning. This plant is one of my operation rescue plants. Found it in a half price bin looking awful, but as soon as I saw the tag said "fuschia" I knew what it could be. I've loved fuschia's since I was a little girl. I used to call them the pink bell flower & only in recent years have I discovered what they're called & how many gorgeous varieties there are.



 

I'm planning on buying heaps more next spring. I'd like a big section of one of my balconies to be all different types of fuschia.

 

 

Also on my balcony today is a huge, gorgeous apricot Just Joey rose. Oh how I love this Rose. My mother in law bought it for me as a gift. It has given me so much joy & so much heart ache, thanks to a possum that lives in our roof, comes out at night & destroys my roses.

I had 5 beautiful buds at the end of spring & I looked out at them every day thinking "Wow!! I'm going to have FIVE ROSES!!! ALL AT ONCE!!!" so, needless to say, I never did & who knew possums love rose buds? So annoying, but after many attempts at keep him away using many methods, I moved my rose from one balcony to the other & to my surprise, he stopped eating it! So, it's a bit late in the season & this poor rose has suffered a bit of trauma, but after months of nothing, I have a single rose & I am rapt!! Here's a few pics


 





Most amazing, soft, delicate colour. Can't wait til next spring.

And finally, just a pretty photo of my Sango Kaku Japanese maple in the morning sun


 

Be well & have a happy day,

Bel

No comments:

Post a Comment