Sunday, April 15, 2012

Early Autumn on the Balcony

Autumn is proving very exciting! Most things are starting to look haggard & spent, like my standard & creeping rose. My standard fuchsia is finished flowering now & is no longer a bright, bushy green ball filled with pretty pink flowers. Yep, things are looking drab......but not my maples

It's their time to shine! They are getting fiery already. My Sango Kaku is a mix of amber, gold, olive & orange leaves attached to bright red stems & trunks. It's going to be beautiful once it's all golden & red.

 



My Inaba Shidare is really special. As I mentioned in a previous post, it's my first autumn with this tree so I've only read that the leaves turn crimson. I never dreamed they'd be as red as they are! They are almost Flourescent red. Will take lots of pictures of it once the leaves have all turned.


I've noticed my precious maple has been looking a bit off lately & I only noticed today it's covered in tiny bugs!!! I decided I'd try the old soapy water trick (dish washing liquid & water sprayed on the bugs will kill them- not all bugs though) & I'm hoping, hoping, hoping they leave my tree alone. My poor maple.

And finally, what I suspect is my very last Dahlia until Spring

Until next time readers,

Bel

No comments:

Post a Comment