Thursday, March 29, 2012

My Weeping Japanese Maple

My most favourite thing in all my garden is my weeping Japanese maple. I've wanted one for ages & finally got one as a gift from my family for Chritsmas. It's full name is acer palmatum dissectum 'inaba shidare' & it is stunning. It is a lace leaved maple with gorgeous deep red foliage that turns a bright crimson in autumn. Oh how I love staring at it every single day.

I put it in a glossy cobalt blue pot because I love the contrast with the red leaves.

A little birdy to watch over it.

The day I bought it home & put it in its new pot, I realised it had a tiny little praying mantis on it! It's considered a good omen, so I was pretty happy with him being there.

I've only had it for 3 months so I can't wait to see it change colour now that it's autumn. Then the dormant period that I love so much. Then the spring growth, the best season of all!

Maples don't like hot winds & there have been a few over the summer which have burned the ends of its lovely leaves. It doesn't look as beautiful as usual at the moment.

 

This is one of the many things I love about deciduous trees. The leaves get ratty & it doesn't matter because they all fall off & are replaced in spring by gorgeous, glossy bright red new ones.

Thanks for reading & be well

Bel

No comments:

Post a Comment