Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Goodbye Spring/Summer 2011/12

Last week I pulled out all my ragged Spring/Summer plants to make way for my Autumn/Winter garden! Here are a couple of before photos. As you can see, looking pretty ordinary! The cute little one in the knitted hat is my 2.5 year old son.


I let my bean plants die as I thought I had a wasp nest in amongst the leaves! Turns out a couple were just hanging around the beans, but no nest thank goodness.

First things first. I pulled out all old plants & weeds. Decided to leave my parsley in for longer as it is so lush & green & doing really well. I got the seeds from my Nonna, which feels a bit spesh too :) Got my little helper to soften up the ground for me so I could turn it all over easily.


 

Got my shovel out & got to turning! Turned over around 30cm's of soil all around the patch, sprinkled some dynamic lifter pellets & mixed that all through the soil.

Here's a photo of my freshly turned & fertilised veggie patch all ready for some new Autumn/winter crops! I leave the front area of my patch alone as I have a big problem with rain gushing from the roof of my house & destroying any plants at the very front of the garden. It's really annoying & I'm hoping my husband & father in law can sort this out for me this year as its such a waste of area! I could plant 4 or more veggies in that area!

 

Next post I'll be planting my new Autumn/Winter crops & I'll share a few pics of my new dahlia plant & a little extra something I added to my absolutely, amazingly, gorgeous Japanese maple, Inaba Shidare

Til next time readers, stay well

Bel

No comments:

Post a Comment