Sunday, May 20, 2012

Operation: Improve My Balcony!

I have 2 balconies & one of them needs a bit of help.

Siamese cat used to be an inside cat & is now an outside cat, so he no longer uses his cat enclosure. It was taking up heaps of room on the balcony so we sold it.

We were also in desperate need of a new dining table & chairs (now we have 4 people eating at the table rather than 2 like back in the day!) So I decided to use our old, tiny wooden table & chair set as an outside sitting area, to sip coffee in the sun & so forth.

I also wanted my two Japanese maples to be on the same balcony for hot wind protection & so I could adore them all at once. I really do love them!

Here are the before photos.


 

And now after, after some heavy lifting & selling & rearranging.





Much prettier now right? I let Siamese cat keep his scratching post. I think it looks cool on the balcony & he loves to sit in the sun right at the top.

I plan on improving it further throughout spring. I have tulip & daffodil bulbs chilling in my fridge. I want to find some pretty wrought iron planters to plant them in. I've also bought a Golden Bunny rose. Always wanted one & bought one at Big W for $6.95. Score!

Here's a pic of a gorgeous Gold Bunny rose (photo from rossroses.com.au)

A few other pretty little photos of mine. Got some lovely floral gloves & a pretty wind chime for mother's day from the kids. So gorgeous.


 

I also have another Japanese maple coming for mothers day some time this week. Very exciting! I'm using the red pot from my sango kaku for my new maple & I'll buy a bigger pot for sango kaku & repot it some time this week or next.

My flower gloves. Love them.

Inaba shidare in dormancy. Poor thing lost all it's leaves early. It will have a great spring, I just know it!

My husband bought me this pretty little stone plaque on our beach holiday, summer that just passed. He thought I'd like it. I love that he knows I'd love something a bit sweet like this. And I do love it!! It always makes me smile when I read it.

Garden plaque

A few photos of my sango kaku maple & my fuchsia again. I can't help myself.

It's losing all it's leaves now.



Fuchsia still flowering.

Hope you enjoyed my balcony renovation.

Until next time readers,

Bel

No comments:

Post a Comment