Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Winter Watering on the Balcony

Winter. I do not like you. You are cold & boring & cold. I realise you are necessary in the grand scheme of things but you are cold & boring.

So, this time of year does not inspire me to garden. Yesterday morning there was sun, it was freezing, but the sun was shinning, so me & little helper watered the pot plants. It's not the first time I've watered them all winter by the way, It's just the first time I felt like taking pretty pictures.

Everything is either dormant or recently pruned.

Sango Kaku is just a bunch or red twigs. It's quite beautiful really.

My tulip or daffodil bulbs have sprouted! I actually can't remember what is where but I like a flower surprise.

When I planted them

and now their little sprouts

Can't wait to see them!

A little ray of sunshine, on a cloudy day.

I pruned my fuchsia's back quite a bit, so here's some new growth.

 

 

Stay warm gardeners,

Bel

 

No comments:

Post a Comment