Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Decorative Stone Crazy

As I mentioned in a previous post, I found bags of decorative stone on special for $2 each at bunnings a few weeks ago & basically bought them all over the weeks. I really like the pretty stones.

We all went to check out the new Masters in Preston the other day & it was pretty impressive. The best part was finding a 5kg bag of white stones for $5! Much cheaper than bunnings & they didn't have white. I really wanted white stones for my inaba shidare Japanese maple but had to settle for grey. Well, now I had a cheap bag of pretty white stones, I got to have white after all.

 

 

The title of this post is "Stone Crazy" so here are all the other stones & coloured sands I picked up.

I put some bright red sand in my fuschia & on top of my daffodil bulbs. I quite like how striking it is.

 

 

I put some pretty big river stones in my coffee plant pot.

On my other balcony I put river stones in my standard Rosemary's pot & White stones around my thyme.

 

Before

After

Finally put the rest of my white stones over my tulip bulbs & some bright pink sand in my fuschia basket & my little fuschia in the small terracotta pot plus some green stones in with my standard fuschia.

 

 

See, stone crazy!

Really disliking winter. Come one Spring!!!!

Stay warm readers,

Bel

No comments:

Post a Comment